Spirit of the Canyon
Changing Lives, One Plant at a Time
Hydroponics is basically growing plants without soil.
Microgreens are most often added to Salads, Soups, Sandwiches, Stir Fry, or Homemade Juice Mixes. Most Microgreens are rich in Iron, Zinc, Magnesium, Copper, and are also a good source of beneficial plant compounds like antioxidants, nutrients vary by type of Microgreen.
There are many benefits of hydroponics, including:
- Requires much less space than plants grown in soil
- No Soil required, making it ideal for people who have less land available.
- Saves Water
- Faster Growth Rate
- No Weeds!
Spirit of the Canyon is working with the Grand Canyon Unified School District to create the Citizen Science Program, a program for 7th-9th graders to support the community and the environment.
The goals for the program are:
- Learning about plants, and animals
- Eating healthy foods
- Growing their own produce (vegetables, fruits, plants, etc.)
- Learning how to save valuable water
- Donating to local food banks
- Selling plants, and systems, to support fundraising